Etcheberry Certification for Tennis
Ready to advance your coaching or training career?
Want to earn more revenue and improve your resume while increasing your tennis training knowledge? Then the Etcheberry Certification for Tennis is for you.
For the first time Pat Etcheberry is offering a certification program to pass along his fitness, strength and conditioning philosophy and techniques to a new generation of coaches and trainers so that they can one day know the pride of teaching gifted athletes how to become Champions in their own right. Etcheberry Certification also provides 4 USPTA Continuing Education Credits and 5 MAP points from the PTR.
Successful candidates will be given tools to enable them to promote in their market their new status of being Etcheberry Certified and possessing the training secrets that have been instrumental in making so many Grand Slam Tennis Champions in the sport.
PTR members may receive a discount on attending any Etcheberry Certification Clinic, and are eligible for 5 MAP Points.
USPTA members are eligible for 4 Continuing Education Units for attending any Etcheberry Certification Clinic.
International Etcheberry Certifications
We're proud to announce our partnership with the Professional Tennis Registry (PTR) on offering International Etcheberry Certifications!
After working exclusively with Pat, PTR International Director Inaki Balzoa and Master Pro & Clinician Dr. Louie Cap are ready to expand Etcheberry Certifications all over the world!
At an international clinic, you will work with either Inaki or Louie in a 2-day course focusing on how to train your players and make them quicker, stronger, and more conditioned for their matches. To become an International PTR Etcheberry Certified coach, you will have to take a written exam and also pass an on-court test demonstrating what you have learned, the same as you do at our domestic clinics. To help you prepare, you will receive an Etcheberry Strength and Conditioning for Tennis Coaches' DVD set and an electronic study guide.
Check out the International Certification dates on the right side of the page to learn more and to contact Iñaki at firstname.lastname@example.org or your local PTR representative to sign up!
As the Director of Player Development at St. Stephen’s Tennis Academy, the Etcheberry Certification Clinic I attended has definitely helped me in many ways: the way I see my students’ developments, the importance of reaching the peak and working towards that goal. Having an explanation for the players on why spikes are so important in tennis and having them understand it, especially the high performance ones, is also another value. Scheduling and follow through does take time for each one of our players, but it pays off. I am gradually putting the exercises in that I learned at the conference. I am glad I had the chance to be there and I thank Pat for sharing the drills and knowledge with the group. Thanks again.
-- Carlos Di Laura
Certification Clinic Agenda (Varies Depending on Location)
The Etcheberry Certification Program has only one level of certification and is designed for both coaches and trainers. It consists of a two-day, hands-on Certification Clinic that includes two morning sessions of classroom presentations and two afternoons of in-gym and on-court workout sessions. You will be given an Etcheberry Certification Manual prior to your arrival to help you prepare for the clinic.
- 8:00 - 8:30 am Check-In
- 8:30 - 11:30 am Classroom Instruction
- 11:30 - 1:00 pm Lunch
- 1:00 - 4:00 pm Fitness Center, Sandpit & on-court instruction and workouts
- 8:00 - 11:00 am Classroom instruction and testing
- 11:00 - 12:00 pm Lunch
- 12:00 - 3:00 pm Fitness Center & on-court instruction and testing
- 3:00 - 4:00 pm Certification awards and photographs with Pat
Candidates must successfully pass both written and performance tests on the materials presented in both settings. These clinics are sports-specific, and focus on information you need to train your players to be healthier, stronger, faster and mentally tougher with far greater stamina the Etcheberry way.
To be eligible for the certification program, you must possess a nationally recognized level of competence in the sport, or in fitness or training more generally, such as certification from organizations like (in the United States) the PTR, EASI, CSCS, USPTA, ACE, ATC, PTE, IFPA, etc. Similar certification programs from associations and organizations in other countries are also acceptable. Extensive teaching, coaching and training experience may be substituted in some instances, and Pat will evaluate those requests on a case-by-case basis. If you have questions about your eligibility, please contact us at email@example.com. contact us.
Registration and Fees
Clinics will be offered several weekends each year at the Etcheberry Experience Sports Performance Center, and at regional locations in the United States, Canada and other countries around the world. Enrollment will be limited so that Pat can have quality time with every candidate.
- Just file an online application here and we'll get back to you about the details. Please note: a $100 non-refundable deposit is required as part of the registration process.
- Certification Fees
- The standard fee for certification is $595.00. This includes a non-refundable deposit of $100 required at the time of registration. This fee covers all expenses associated with your certification, including books, DVDs, manuals, equipment, use of the Fitness Center and courts during instruction and testing.
As an Etcheberry Certified coach or trainer , you will be able to advertise your unique qualifications and charge more for your added expertise. But we are also incorporating many other valuable features into the program that you may take advantage of once you achieve certification.
- You will receive a copy of the DVD series Strength & Conditioning for Serious Tennis: Coaches' Edition for use with your players.
- You will receive a copy of ETCH: Secrets to Training Champions, Pat Etcheberry's new book outlining his training philosophy, techniques, and drills, drills and more drills.
- You will automatically be listed on our website so that prospective students or employers can validate that you are indeed Etcheberry Certified.
- A brief biography of your career will also appear on EtcheberryExperience.com.
- We will also maintain a referral system whereby Etcheberry Certified coaches and trainers would be notified of inquiries from prospective customers wanting to know of certified instructors in their area.
- You will be able to e-mail questions to Pat throughout the year when you need special advice or recommendations.
- You will receive a special discount on most Etcheberry Experience products.
You will also receive FREE the TennisLMS High Performance Coach Edition (includes 6 licenses for 1 coach + 5 players). The hot new software program allows you to track the strengths, weaknesses and progress of your players on both the instructional and the training side.
You are responsible for your own travel and accommodations expenses, as well as any leisure time activities you choose to arrange during your stay. The Mission Inn Resort is offering special reduced rates on accommodations and activities.
Other Nearby Hotels
Hampton Inn Leesburg/Tavares 9630 US Hwy 441 Leesburg, FL 34788+1 352 315 1053 hamptoninn.hilton.com 12.1 miles from Etcheberry Sports Performance Center
Holiday Inn Express Tavares 3601 W Burleigh Blvd, US Hwy 441 Tavares, FL, 32778 1 888 HOLIDAY (1 888 465 4329) http://www.hiexpress.com/hotels/us/en/tavares/tvrfl/hoteldetail 9.05 miles from ESP Center
Howard Johnson 20329 US Hwy 27 North Clermont, FL 34715, United States +1 352 429 9033 7.73 miles from ESP center
Address: 1810 S Highway 27 Clermont, FL 34711-3658