Can’t Make It to Orlando for a 1on1 with Pat?
Although many players want to have Pat assess their tennis skills, not everyone can find time to travel to Orlando to work with Pat. Consequently, Pat has developed a new program we call EEvaluation that is designed to help those players benefit from his expertise & experience to take their game to the next level, too.
The EEvaluation program resulted from Pat’s recent work with some NCAA Division I tennis teams where he created a long-distance assessment procedure that allowed him to:
- Evaluate each team member’s unique strengths & weaknesses in the areas of fitness and on-court movement, and
- Suggest drills & exercises for each player to get started on their personal training regimen.
And now players around the world can get a personally EEvaluated by Pat himself using those same proven methods. How?
To enable Pat to analyze a player’s game, he needs to receive his/her results from a series of 8-12 tests detailed below, as well as VIDEO of a recent match. You can click on each of the Tests to watch Pat demonstrate what is involved.
BE SURE TO VIDEO TAPE ALL TESTS, AS WELL AS A COMPLETE TENNIS MATCH. And when video taping your player, be sure your video shows the player’s entire body, but the view shouldn’t be so wide that it results in a situation where the player is too small in the picture and Pat can’t see sufficient detail of his or her technique to properly evaluate the tested activity. Use Tests 1-3 as examples.
REQUIRED TESTS: These tests can be done anywhere.
- Test #1 First Step (watch instructional video)
- Test #2 Footwork to Forehand & Backhand (watch instructional video)
- Test #3 Band Jump (watch instructional video)
- Test #4 Shoulder Flexibility (watch instructional video)
- Test #5 Standing Broad Jump (watch instructional video)
- Test #6 Medicine Ball Toss - Forehand (watch instructional video for tests 6, 7, 8)
- Test #7 Medicine Ball Toss - Backhand
- Test #8 Medicine Ball Toss - Serve
- Video of a complete match of actual competition
OPTIONAL TESTS: If you have access to this equipment, these results would be helpful.
- Test #9 Grip Strength Measurement (watch instructional video)
- Using a hand strength dynamometer
- Test #10 Forehand Speed/Strength Measurement (watch instructional video for tests 10 & 11)
- Test #11 Backhand Speed/Strength Measurement
- Using a Keiser Infinity Series Cable Machine only
- If unavailable, results will be computed from Tests #6-8.
After viewing Pat’s demonstrations, you can download brief written summaries of all of the test descriptions if you CLICK HERE.
What Pat needs from you
You will need to record the results of your tests on our “EEvaluation TEST RESULTS CHART” and fill out the “Payment Information Form” section. CLICK HERE to download a copy. Be sure to complete both forms and mail them along with your video of a recent match and payment to:
The Etcheberry Experience
40 Sweetcorn Drive
Kutztown, PA 19530
What you get from Pat
Once Pat receives all the required materials, he will personally review your player’s test scores and videos and provide you and your player with …
- A written analysis of the player’s strengths and weaknesses, and
- Recommendations for a customized training regimen
- And you’re not left alone to start your training. You also receive access to our exclusive EEvaluation Support HOTLINE where you can contact Pat and his staff with questions during the first month of implementing his recommendations.
- Plus we'll include a free copy of Pat's Strength & Conditioning for Serious Tennis Featuring Justine Henin and Jim Courier: Player's Edition (a $100 value) as a resource for drills and exercises to help you jump start your new training regimen.